Job Title: Field Liaison Officer (FLO)
Department: Assessment & Advocacy
Reports to: Partnership Development Officer
The recruiter is Nigeria’s pioneer education partnership consultancy, specialising in research, design, implementation, support and evaluation of education programmes, projects and initiatives across the public, private and non-profit sectors. The programme is an innovative assessment and advocacy initiative which is positioned for nationwide implementation. We seek to fill the role of a Field Liaison Officer for this programme.
The ideal candidate will have strong research and analytical skills, communication skills and a proven ability to lead, plan and manage organisational systems. The successful candidate will work as a key part of the core implementation team to coordinate the design and delivery of the programme in the following states; Anambra, Ekiti, Edo, Gombe, Kaduna and Kogi state.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The FLO will support and be partly responsible for:
- Interface between the Company and state partners, CBOs, NGOs and provide detailed reports.
- Build partnerships with institutions in each of the states.
- Responsible for facilitating communication between the Company and supervisors/CBOs per state.
- Ensure the efficient and effective planning and implementation of the project activities and outputs as per the budget.
- Responsible for the recruitment and screening of supervisors assigned to various local government.
- Responsible for the processing of travel and logistics e.g. certifying training venues, resourcing, evaluation + Quality Assurance training processes.
- Assist in creation of work plans and timelines.
- Assist in developing training schedule and training notes.
- Lead the organizing of training workshops wherein tools to be used in the development of tests are drafted.
- Working with teams to find solutions to risks and issues and reduce risk and work with stakeholders on appropriate solutions as and when required.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient disbursement of funds to volunteers, state partners, CBOs and NGOs.
Technical and Behavioural competencies
- Proficiency in research and excellent analytical skills
- Passionate about education transformation in Nigeria.
- Vision for what a well-educated population would mean for the development potential of Nigeria with substantial working experience.
- Organised and able to lead physical and virtual teams.
- Has a can do attitude, and be formal.
- Team player with strong leadership skills, well networked and able to build value adding relationships with people at all levels across the public, private and civil society sectors.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with respect for diversity.
- Degree in education or development related field from a recognised university (possession of a Masters’ degree is an added advantage)
- Minimum of 1 year of cognate experience in the development sector, research, education, policy advocacy
- Experience in working with international development organisations.
- Experience of working on development and/or donor/grant funded programmes will be an added advantage
- Multilingual speaker desirable, especially in the state of application
- As stated above
- Reports to the Partnership Development Officer
- Based in one of the following states: Anambra, Ekiti, Edo, Gombe, Kaduna and Kogi state. Applicants are required to apply for one specific state.
- Willing to travel locally if needed.
Very competitive package commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence
This position is available for six (6) months subject to renewal at the employer’s discretion.
To apply, candidates should send a copy of their CV and cover letter, using the reference “FLO Recruitment” in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org